Monday, August 17, 2015

I'm ready to get back to my best--Januzaj

Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj says he feels ready to rediscover his best form, after scoring his first goal of the season against Aston Villa on Friday.

The Belgian's first-half strike was enough to earn the Reds a maiden victory on the road this season, after he was recalled to the starting line-up for the first time since 11 February.
Facing the media alongside Louis van Gaal ahead of Tuesday's crucial Champions League play-off first leg against Club Brugge, Januzaj said he's improving all the time under the manager's guidance.

"I’d not played for a long time, so I was happy to score my first goal of the season [against Villa]," he said. "I’m happy to play and give everything for the manager and the club.
"Last year was last year, and this year is this year. I’m happy at United and I’m happy with the way the manager has worked with me, so I don’t have any issues with that."
Asked about having a difficult time last season, Januzaj added: "It can happen, but this year is another year so I’m ready to get back to my best and do everything that I can do. 
"Of course [I’m improving]; the manager has spoken to me a few times and I felt that I haven’t been myself but I hadn’t had many games, so hopefully I can play more this year."
Van Gaal reiterated that every player has to earn a place on his teamsheet, but believes that stiff competition is good for dressing-room morale.
"Adnan had to compete with 24 players last year, and he is 20 years old," the manager said. "Young players are often not consistent and he has to show that this season. 
"At a club like United, you're never guaranteed a position in the starting XI. Every player here knows that and, because of that, we have a very good team spirit."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Aug/Adnan-Januzaj-ready-to-get-back-to-his-best.aspx?newsid=59EAC151-9740-4793-918E-CB54220F61BA&pageNo=2

No comments: